To celebrate the sale of over 500 Million PlayStation units worldwide (525.3 Million to be more precise), Sony has announced the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro.
This limited edition console is limited to just 50,000 units worldwide and goes on sale August 24, 2018.
Features (Information comes from PlayStation.com)
- Translucent Shell – Commemorate 500 Million PlayStation® systems sold with this Limited Edition PS4 Pro featuring a translucent blue console shell.
- 2TB Hard Drive – This massive hard drive provides tons of space for you to download and store games, apps, videos, screenshots, and more.
- Vertical Stand – Display your console upright with the included Vertical Stand.
- PlayStation Camera – Play and share with depth-sensing 3D technology that tracks you, your DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller, and PlayStation Move controllers. Personalize and share your gameplay livestreams with picture-in-picture video.
- 4K-TV Gaming – PS4 Pro outputs gameplay to your 4K TV. Many games, like Call of Duty®: WWII, Gran Turismo Sport, and more, are optimized to look stunningly sharp and detailed when played on a 4K TV with PS4 Pro.
- More HD Power – Turn on Boost Mode to give PS4 games access to the increased power of PS4 Pro. For HD TV Enhanced games, players can benefit from increased image clarity, faster frame rates, and other enhancements.
- HDR Technology – With an HDR TV, compatible PS4 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colors.
- 4K Entertainment – Stream 4K videos, movies, and shows to your PS4 Pro.*
* 4K Entertainment requires access to a 4K-compatible content streaming service, a robust internet connection, and a compatible 4K display.
The limited edition PS4 Pro will retail for $499.99 USD (MSRP) / $639.99 CAD (MSRP)
In addition to the new console, a 500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4 will be available separately for $64.99 as well as a 500 Million Limited Edition Gold Wireless Headset for $99.99. Both will be available in early September.