DrinkBox Studios’ action-platformer Guacamelee! 2 will be hitting the PS4 Pro/PS4 on August 21 for $19.99.
“We asked our inner skeletons what we should do for Guac 2,” said Augusto Quijano, Concept Lead at Drinkbox Studios. “We couldn’t decide whether to add Better Moves, More Interesting Platforming, Timeline Travel, Chicken Powers, or New Puns, so we added it all!”
Guacamelee! 2 Key Features:
- Powerful New Moves – New abilities such as Eagle Boost, Rocket Kick, and Pollo Shot add to Juan’s awesome arsenal of moves, for use in both combat and platforming.
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for Juan’s chicken form. Ridiculous chicken-based platforming, combat and exploration. More chicken than you’ll be able to handle (probably).
- Vibrant, Deadly World – An epic, colorful adventure, inspired by Mexican folklore, that takes players through living and dead worlds and across rifts in space-time! Beautiful environments and 2D animation, more gorgeous than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine.
- Lots to See – Dense gameplay areas featuring tons of secrets and optional content. Bigger maps, twice as many enemy types as the first game, and a roster of eccentric new bosses.
Brand New Upgrade System – Discover “trainers” from around the world, defeat their challenges, and upgrade your movement, combat, traversal, and more.
- Caliente Original Soundtrack – Soundtrack featuring new music from Peter Chapman and Rom Di Prisco – composers of the original Guacamelee! OST. Additional new tracks from special guests Mariachi Entertainment System!
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Drop-in / drop-out 4-player local co-op through the entire story lets your best amigos join in anytime!
Guacamelee! 2 will also be available on PC.