HB Studios announced recently that they will be releasing The Golf Club 2019 on the PS4 Pro/PS4 in the second half of 2018. This latest entry in the series is the direct sequel to The Golf Club 2 and promises to deliver more of the authentic gameplay that fans expect along with a cross-platform course creator.
“We’ve always said The Golf Club is a long-term project for HB and this sequel is another huge stride forward. We already have the best golf video game on console and PC, as proven by the critics and user reviews alike. The community is active, they’re passionate, and it’s growing all the time. The Golf Club 2019 is HB continuing to grow the game and we’re confident the community will respond well to this announcement and continue to grow with us,” said Alan Bunker, CEO of HB Studios.
“We also have one or two more surprises up our sleeve which will take The Golf Club 2019 to another level! I encourage everyone to watch this space. Let’s ensure The Golf Club gaming community remains the best place to be for fans of the game and the sport.”
The Golf Club 2019 features (from the game’s official press release):
- An all-new deep and challenging single player Career Mode. Work your way through the ranks to become the number one golf professional in the world.
- In addition to the library of 170,000 existing user-created courses which everyone can play, The Golf Club 2019 will include a selection of real-world courses intricately mapped using high detail terrain data.
- New play modes: Alt-Shot and Skins have been added in response to popular demand!
- Online Matchmaking brings a new streamlined experience to The Golf Club franchise for competitive play. Compete on any of the approved and official courses in a round of Head to Head Match Play, 2-4 player Stroke Play, Alt-shot or Fourball Team Play, or put your virtual currency on the line in wager matches featuring Skins.
- Private Matches give the full benefits of Matchmaking with control over who is invited to play, the course played, round format used and additional conditions for each match.
- Massively expanded upon Character Editor. A vast array of new character customization options including licensed apparel and brand integration for the first time in a TGC game, new club heads, and adjustable character height and weight options.
- Enhanced Online and Solo Societies. Grow your members, upgrade your Clubhouse, run tournaments and earn virtual currency. Society owners can now add others as Admins, entry requirement settings allow Society owners to set specific criteria, and event entries can now be determined by results and standings from previous events.
- Completely overhauled UI, offering a fresh new look across the game experience.
- The award-winning Course Designer just gets bigger and better! Design, build and share your courses online using cutting edge procedural generation or get intimate with the powerful terrain editing tools. New features include optimized autofill options when drawing splines and painting surfaces, tree rotation plus many new objects in the extensive library of 400+ props for designers to create with.
- Cross-platform sharing of user-designed courses remains a core feature. Design on your platform of choice and share your course with your friends on another platform.
- Integration of SpeedTree technology for the first time in a TGC game ensures even higher visual quality gameplay than before.
- Many rendering and special effects updates including optimized dynamic shadows, many more visual details between club, ball and surfaces, and much more.
- Further improvements to the ball physics for added realism and accuracy.
- Improvements to the crowd system including seated spectators for added authenticity.
- Improved swing mechanic and user feedback. The swing feedback sees a completely new look with well-defined and informative detail about what is happening on each shot, split into a number of feedback mechanics.
The Golf Club 2 will also be released on Xbox One and PC.