The original Fear Effect was one of the most original and mature games to grace the first PlayStation console. While we have not seen a new Fear Effect title in quite a while, thank to Square Enix Collective and Sushee we will be getting a new sequel titled Fear Effect Sedna.
“Fear Effect Sedna generated an amazing response from fans of the series when we ran our Kickstarter, and with the support of Square Enix Collective and co-producer Forever Entertainment, we’re excited to see just what they make of it come release,” offers Benjamin Anseaume, founder of Sushee.
“Developing Fear Effect Sedna has really brought the team here at Sushee together, and that’s exactly what the gameplay is about. Each character has different special weapons and the game includes a paused tactical mode to control different team members at the same time and give orders to work as a team. It’s an approach that taps into the core structure of the original games but, with the technology available to us today, feels very 2018.”
Fear Effect Sedna features:
- The return of the original Fear Effect’s much loved cast of characters
- Isometric viewpoint to enable players to interact with multiple characters at the same time
- Gameplay that mixes real-time action, tactical play, stealth, and puzzles
- The adrenaline-based “Fear Effect” gameplay mechanic that impacts on both attack and defense
- Animated stylistic cutscenes, stunning environments, and classic death cutscenes
- A mature and exciting story that follows mercenaries uncovering the mysteries of Inuit mythology
Fear Effect Sedna will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on Tuesday March 6th, 2018.