We are all familiar with the practice of games publishers releasing a “Game of the Year” or “Definitive Edition” for just about every single release at this point. The game that you have already purchased and probably dropped some extra cash on to pick up some DLC, now comes complete with all content for the price it was when it first launched. You all know the drill. Well boys and girls as you know by now it is time to add Final Fantasy XV to that list. The Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition is set to launch on March 6, 2018 with all of FFXV‘s previously released content. I will however give Square Enix credit because they decided to throw some extras in to make the purchase/upgrade worthwhile.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition will retail for $49.99, and will feature a new package design by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano. Current Final Fantasy XV owners can upgrade their game to the Royal Edition for $19.99.