Butcher, from the makers of Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold, is a 2D shooter that in spite of its 16 bit appearance is a gorefest of epic proportions.
In a post apocalyptic world, you play as a cyborg with one mission: to kill the last of the humans. Sounds pretty straightforward to me.
BUTCHER’s main features (from the press release):
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
Look for Butcher to hit the PlayStation 4 sometime in Q2 2017.